FIRE - by the Fairy
Tied to the stake to be burnt at noon,
the wood piled around me,
my death will come soon.
the wood piled around me,
my death will come soon.
My heart is pounding,
I beg for mercy,
my gaolers laugh & accuse me of heresy.
I have done no wrong,
dont deserve to die,
yet imminent death makes me shake & cry.
dont deserve to die,
yet imminent death makes me shake & cry.
Be strong & breath,
try to stay calm,
as the crowds gather with intent to harm.
They spit & throw stones & verbally abuse me,
& in panic & terror I try to break free.
& in panic & terror I try to break free.
No escape for me,
I'm bound too tight
and no one cares about my plight.
I'm bound too tight
and no one cares about my plight.
The fire is lit, the flames now grow,
& acrid smoke begins to flow.
& acrid smoke begins to flow.
My fear consumes me,
as death draws near,
the searing flames so hard to bear.
as death draws near,
the searing flames so hard to bear.
Incredible pain,
beyond belief,
despair continues into grief,
breath thick smoke into my lungs,
& pray that death quickly comes.
beyond belief,
despair continues into grief,
breath thick smoke into my lungs,
& pray that death quickly comes.
Blessed unconsciousness takes hold,
a thankful release from distress untold,
leave this body & be at peace,
Angels help in my release.
a thankful release from distress untold,
leave this body & be at peace,
Angels help in my release.
This poem is not for the book just a release. Xx
No comments:
Post a Comment