It's a small easy read book and serves again as a gentle reminder that we shouldn't count our chicks before they hatch. Except, it goes a step further, in that if we save a marshmallow today, we might have two tomorrow.
It addresses the concept that we challenge our 'fast-food' fast-gratification mentality of today, and maybe delay our 'wants' in order to reach our long term goals.
The five step marshmallow plan
- What do I need to change? What can I do to stop eating my marshmallows?
- What are my strengths and weaknesses? How can I improve?
- What are my major goals? what is my 5 point long term goals?
- What is my plan? Write it down and manage it!
- What am I going to do to put my plan into action? How will I become willing to do what unsuccessful people are unwilling to do?
It's funny that we've become accustom to a philosophy that "life owes us something" and "good things comes to those who wait" or "good things happen to good people". Sorry to say, these are empty words. Yes naturally things happen around you without you having to do anything, but life presents to you opportunities, not solutions. It gives you a chance to show what you can do, but you need to do it. So..... what are you going to do about it?
No comments:
Post a Comment