The butterfly was young, the butterfly was free
But the butterfly couldn't fly, it just had to be
The flower was fresh, the flower was shy
The flower was strong, and the flower got by
The flower saw the butterfly, and the butterfly saw the flower
The butterfly tried to fly closer, with all its power
They started to talk, and they liked the same things
They started to play, and they talked about wings
The butterfly walked a little closer, and the flower leaned near
The moments between them became special and dear
Then the butterfly tried to fly onto the flower
But bumped into a glass window with all of its power
As the butterfly tumbled about
She thought: "The flower is inside, and I am locked out!"
The butterfly felt sad, but the flower said: "Don't cry,
"There is an open window on the other side, I'm sure you could fly."
The butterfly thought: It's a long way to fly
But if flower thinks I can, then I'll give it a try
Finally exhausted and out of breath, the butterfly reached the other side
The flower said: "You succeeded! All because you tried"
The butterfly flew into the glass,
finding it hard to manoeuvre her path
The flower watched eagerly at every attempt
till the butterfly's energy was all spent
As the butterfly rested on the window sill,
she looked up and thought:
"I don't have to fly in, I can walk!"
and the flower watched like a hawk.
As the butterfly finally came into sight,
the flower cheered with utmost delight.
The butterfly had only the last stretch to fly,
Onto the beautiful flower that was waiting close by.
No comments:
Post a Comment