11 June 2014

Ups and downs

Funny how life is.  We have a feeling and suddenly life is different.

The sky is bluer
The clouds are friendlier
The people are kinder
The animals are happier
The grass is greener
The trees are fuller
The streets are cleaner
The ocean is happier

And then suddenly in a heartbeat it can all turn to ash.

Such is the impact of an emotion.

The sky turns grey
The clouds seem to argue
The people are rude
The animals hunt for prey
The grass is dead
The trees are leafless
The streets are dangerous
The ocean is chaotic

Nothing externally really changed.  Only my belief in what they stand for did.

How I see things in my life depends on my perception of its meaning.  And if I believe that everything has purpose, I would just thank it for being in my life and not question its existence.     

No comments: