26 June 2014

Just stop

For most of my life that I can remember, I've been fasinated with the brain.  How it works, what it needs, and how to improve it as much as possible.

I have explored brain gym to help with balance, I've done memory exercises to keep it sharp. I've eaten anything classified as 'brain food' to help develop a healthy brain.

Even the coaching I've done was focused on how the brain works and how you can improve your thinking.  The essence of coaching is to help someone think, isn't it?

I was constantly searching for the right tools to help with time management, prioritising and how to get the most out of you day.  Improvement, efficiency and effectiveness was my moto words to strive for.

All of my focus was on planning, scheduling and control.  

And then something shifted.  


Lately I've been experiencing a new way of life.  A way to let go.  My words I regularly used have changed to allow, surrender, and intuition.  

I'm becoming more aware of my observing self rather than my thinking self.  

Part of this discovery is due to a book I'm reading, the happiness trap.  The author explains that your thinking self is like the weather.  Up and down and forever changing.  Sometimes stormy and sometimes sunshine.  

And then there is the observing self, the sky that simply holds the space for the weather, allowing it to happen as it will.  Not limiting, judging or bringing hurt by it.  Simply just allowing and observing.   
  

No comments: