10 November 2007

Happy Birthday!

As things sometimes work out, we had our year end function on my birthday this year. It was like one big birthday party and I got to invite everyone at work!

On top of this, we got to see a show called "Rock me Amadeus". It was a presentation of various rock music from Mozart to Christina. This is a must see for music lovers.

About half way in the show, the lead actor asked if it was anyone birthday, and both my arms were lifted for me thanks to my colleagues at my table.

The actor then sat in front of the piano to demonstrate how many classical music pieces contained the birthday song! The very first piece he played was moonlight sonata. Now this piece of music is my all time favourite. My mother was a piano teacher and as the type of person she was all her siblings had to be taught in music.

I've nagged her for months that I want to learn Moonlight sonata. She would just shake her head and say "why in the world would you want to play it, it must be the most depressing piece of music ever written!" After a lot of convincing she helped me play it, but I know it was only to please me.

Every time she would try to convince me to play more 'jazzed up' classics like she did (and it was extraordinary by the way). The performance on my birthday reminded me so much of her, it was if she was playing the piano especially for me through the entertainer on the stage.

Off cause, I'm convinced that the little joke about the birthday song, the inclusion of moonlight sonata, the magical performance on the piano, as well as the function held on my birthday, was all part of my late mother's grand plan for my birthday!

I could see her behind the piano, waving a happy birthday kiss at me, and smiling mischievously as a result of her comic display to make me aware of her presence.

Thanks mom! I had loads of fun, and it was great to hear my favourite classical piece, especially with the birthday song ending!

More information on Barnyard:
http://barnyardtheatre.co.za/spage.php?theatre_id=1

No comments: