01 July 2005

5 Faces of Anger

Inspired by the book: "Beating Anger"

CARING
When project leader sponsor is unfair towards part of the team and blame them for being themselves instead of recognising the true problem / potential. I get angry when others are treated unfairly but don't argue, just use silent treatment, or 'dikbek'.

SELF-DIMINISHING: Low Self-esteem
'I will reject myself before you reject me'
What are your needs and how can you meet them?
'It is okay for me feeling hurt but not for others'

I would criticize my work before someone else can do it. I should relax and let myself make mistakes. Learn as you go what others may need from you.

NUMB FACE:
May talk down to authority and this makes rest of the team negative! Don't dump your anger on someone else!

UNREALISTIC:
How I should be, how world/others should be. As long as you look at others imperfections, you avoid looking at your own. When we criticise others, we are trying to feel better about ourselves.

ADDICTIVE:
Painful feelings forced deep into unconscious manifest as addictive / compulsive disorders. Anything that is used inappropriately to alleviate pain and suffering.

No comments: