I need to get away
A siren is going off in my head
As I stumble out the crumbled car
The only remains of an eventful night
That started earlier in the bar
My entire body aches
My head hurts and my eyes blur
My body is tainted with sticky red
That dries and leaves crusty stains
As I leave the bloody wreck
Beaten up just like me
And close by is my mate
Shocked by the event
Pleading ‘please help, please help’
As we make our fearful escape
It’s dark all around the hood
And no one in is in sight or awake
To witness this terrible deed
This thing I did
That I probably never will shake
‘Bro, you f**ed up, bro’
Is all I can hear, and it’s true
The body in the back of the car
Was still and motionless
When I told him its time to go
A night that started with mischief and
candor
Boasting egos of boundless freedom
And now Ethan’s dead
I did not just speed a stolen car
I robbed my friend of his life, and killed
him
--this poem was inspired by the following event:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11321093
No comments:
Post a Comment