The last year was filled with teachings. It was a year of change, challenges and opportunities. It was a year of questioning things about my life that I did not even consider need answering. Apart from the deeper spiritual journey that I was taking below the surface, there were many changes on the visible plain as well.
So it was no surprise when I told you that I was going to be content the next year with where I am and what I do. It was time for a somewhat 'boring' year again. I will only consider the changes that life brings to me, but I will not seek them out courageously. Just to stabilise life a little. A reasonable outlook, don't you think?
Life on the other hand continues on, whether we want to change or not. Of cause I had a choice in saying no, but within a week I was offered a different job, and I accepted the offer. Next year February I will start a new career in IT, private sector. Big deal, right?
Well, that is what happened on the surface, but now I want to share with you things that I have questions about, but have no answers - things that happens in the invisible realm. Things that only your intuition and psychics tells you about. The stuff that dreams are made of.
About 4 years ago, I met with a psychic, and she told me that I will leave my employment at the time. And due to the fact that I left, I will be offered two positions. (Now first off, I interpreted this in that I'll be looking for work while I'm still employed because there is no way in hell I will resign before I have another job, right?)
Then she said I will write down all the pros and cons of each offer, but they will have the same amount of pros and cons, although they will be different in direction. I asked her but how will I know which one will be the 'right' one, and she answered that in the end it will not matter, I will end up in the right place. So I did not think about it again, because I interpreted that as being, no matter where I am, I'll make the best of it, like I always do.
Well, as you know, I have resigned my employment to come to NZ without having any idea where my next pay cheque was going to come from. While I was doing job searching, I strolled into a book store and since it was nearing the end of the year, I picked up a "your fortune for 2009" for my star sign. Apart from other things, it said that I'll be accepting new employment in the new year, and it will be money driven. But no matter what I do, by the end of the year, I will have to change jobs again, but this time be more focused on what I enjoy doing. Well, dah... if you don't have a job, taking a job will be money driven, you'll do anything just to make a living. So I thought nothing of it.
Early 2009 I was offered two positions at the same time. So I accepted the one that was 'easier', and although the work was nothing like I've done before, I enjoy doing it. And yet, what happens 9 months later? The other company (that I declined) offers me another position again. Only after I accepted the offer, did I remember the psychics words, that in the end it will not matter, "I'll end up in the right place" (mysterious music in the background).
Are there any connection in this, or if you wait long enough, will you be able to interpret anything a psychic tells you into your life at some point? Is there such a thing as destiny, or is it all chance? Or is it a little bit of both?
While we're on the topic, in 2003 I visited a psychic/medium who told me that we will travel to the east. She said I'll be interested in the cultures there, and I will go for philosophical reasons. I asked her what does she mean by East, and she said, not like China, but somewhere smaller in the area of islands, like Malaysia, or even more south, like Bali or Samoa or something.
In 2006 I visited with a psychic who read your aura, and who refrain from telling you your future, but rather help guiding you do understand what makes you happy, etc... Well, she asked me a couple of times if I live near the sea. I said no, I've lived in JHB all my life. She said again, that I'm surrounded by water, she can't see where, but it is just water everywhere, like I'm on an island. I said no, maybe you see a previous life, (ha ha).
And where am I two years later? On an island surrounded by water. Did I make decision to lead up to this point? Yes sure I did. Was what she said the drive? In all honesty, I forgot about it. The decisions that led up to us being in NZ today was the total sum of very different thoughts and decisions that could not have been achieved by a mere knowledge that we want to live on an island. The plans were to go to Aus anyway when we finally decided to leave SA. A chain of events has brought us to this place, the guidance of a friend, the observations of a colleague, seemingly random acts of many. And maybe, the invisible realm of spirit guides... who knows!
Are we in control of our lives, or are there unseen forces guiding us along, witnesses of our hearts desires that has become invisible to ourselves. Is all that is required not a willingness to listen to our environment, follow those things that will move us in the direction we want/need to go, and to surrender to the fact that maybe we are not the masters of our own universe, but merely captains of our own ship, sailing on the "unpredictable" ocean of life. Sometimes having the ability to sail in your own direction just for entertainment and to alleviate boredom, and sometimes being forced down unknown avenues reminding us that maybe, there is a set out plan for our lives after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment